The one whose wrongdoing is forgiven, whose sin is covered over, is truly happy! The one the LORD doesn’t consider guilty– in whose spirit there is no dishonesty– that one is truly happy! (Psa 32:1-2 CEB)
“I get up and pace the room as if I can leave my guilt behind me. But it tracks me as I walk, an ugly shadow made by myself.” ― Rosamund Lupton, Sister.
“Shame and guilt are two self-conscious emotions that everyone will feel several times throughout their lives. These are generally negative emotions which make people feel bad about themselves and can have negative consequences. That said, shame and guilt are important emotional components of leading a prosocial life.” –Positive Psychology Program
I once read that two-thirds of those in mental health units could be helped if they could only rid themselves of the guilt. Good news, Jesus made a way where there could be no way. Through his work of redemption, he took off of you the guilt and the shame, making you a new person in God. That’s worth being happy for.
- Live like heaven is on earth
- Love like you’ve never been hurt.
- Laugh like no one is listening.
- Sing as if no one can hear
- Dance as if no one is watching.
- Dream like nothing is impossible.
- Play like there are no winners.
- Give like you have plenty.
- Smile till your face hurts.
- Cherish your family and friends each day.